Here we go again!
I would like to sincerely thank Jonathan Robbins over at https://robbinsrealm.wordpress.com/ for nominating me for this Liebster Award. He has great thoughts on many movies, old and new, and tackles them with a level of analysis I’d love to get at one day!
The rules for accepting this award are as follows:
1. Thank the person who nominated you.
2. Answer the questions from the person who nominated you.
3. Nominate 11 bloggers for the award.
4. Notify the bloggers you have nominated.
5. Create 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate.
Now, to answer the questions RobbinsRealm posed to me!
1. Do you watch “Game of Thrones?” If so, who is your favorite character?
- I have never seen a full episode, and I am OK with that. Middle Earth and that type of historial fantasy has never truly appealed to yours truly.
2. List three of your favorite authors?
- Richard Wright (Black Boy, Native Son (may be my favorite book ever)), George Orwell (1984, Animal Farm), and R.A Montgomery/Edward Packard (Choose Your Own Adventure, loved those books!)
3. What is the best place you have ever been to on vacation?
- Daytona Beach, FL. Not a glamorous place when compared to other cities in the state, but it was the scene of the wildest end of year school parties I have ever been a part of. Two years running.
4. What is something that you are passionate about?
- Writing this blog, I’d like to hope I am pretty passionate about film! Other things include scores of said films, education (I work in that sector), sports, and self-fulfillment.
5. What is your favorite kind of food?
- Going to have to go with Mexican here. I grew up in Arizona, so that state knows its Mex. But my mother makes amazing tacos and my dad is the man with enchiladas. So many possibilities and options with Mexican.
6. What was the last film you saw and loved?
- Furious 7. I do not believe it to be the best of the franchise, but it is up there, and delivered on just about everything I thought it would, along with an extremely beautiful tribute to Paul Walker.
7. What was the last film you saw and disliked?
- The Hangover Part III. Missed this one in 2013, and it probably should have stayed this way. I still cannot believe how unfunny this was. As a comedy goes on, it is embarrassing to see that hardly any jokes are landing, and this feeling is magnified when watching a lame comedy in a theater.
8. Are you a coffee drinker, a tea drinker, both, neither?
- Tea just about every day, and twice on Sundays. I love black tea, green tea, white tea, chamomile tea, and many others. Last time I tried to get into coffee was when I was 16. Not for me, though on a blue moon I’ll do a flavored espresso like French vanilla.
9. What is a television show that is no longer on that you would like to see get a reboot?
I’m going off the grid with this one. City Guys.
Loved this show, and had a solid cast with great chemistry. I see no reason why this couldn’t be done in the present day with a new batch of characters. Make it happen NBC!
10. What is your favorite color?
- Dark blue is almost always a winner, but I’m fond of black, white, gold, and green as well.
11. If you could switch places with someone for one day, who would it be?
- I’m more than content with being myself now, but to answer the question, give me Leonardo DiCaprio. He’s so mysterious. Being around that quality harem of women wouldn’t be a bad thing for 24 hours. Pure unadulterated fun!
Now it is time for me to choose eleven bloggers to give the award to. I feel honored to be such a great part of the WordPress community, specially with movies. I want to give some spotlight to those I haven’t been following long:
And now, for the questions for them to answer:
1. Who is your favorite film reviewer to read work from (living or deceased)?
2. Worst film you have recently seen?
3. Best film you have recently seen?
4. What summer 2015 blockbuster are you most excited about?
5. Twitter or Facebook?
6. It is one night before you are executed for a crime you didn’t commit. What is your last meal?
7. How far away do you live from your closest theater?
8. Where do you see yourself in five years (interview question!)?
9. Age-old question: Pop or Soda?
10. Is censorship always a bad thing?
11. Favorite TV comedy of all time?
Once again, thanks for Robbin’s Realm for nominating me, and thank you guys for giving me the support and feedback on this site. We all make up a great community!
Follow the Movie Man @MovieManJackson.
You’re very welcome. Thank you very much for your kind words about me at the beginning.
In addition, I want to thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to accept the award and provide your thoughtful answers to the questions I asked.
Not a problem!
Hey dude, if you feel like making another post like this, I just nominated you for the first ever Official Award of Awesomeness!
Award image shamelessly stone from Eric @ IPC! =)
You need to watch GOT!
Glad you liked Furious 7! 🙂
I should, but it takes a lot for me to get into that setting. But maybe one day…
F7 is top three in the franchise for me, 5>1>7>6>4>3>2.
Wow this is super late, I’ve been quite busy lately oops 😦 But anyways, thanks for nominating me. It really is an honour being nominated by a fellow movie buff…well I’ll get to answering your questions now!